Saturday, June 11, 2011

Career Ending Moves

Wednesday night -- after spending 4 hours driving a tanker around a burned field east of Stanley in the dark -- I realized that by moving to S.Fe I initiated a career ending trifecta:
  1. No more software engineering (took one year and good riddance)
  2. Failed at robot research (took five years and too bad)
  3. Complete disconnect from the art/sci/tech world (took ten years and who cares) 

In order to cement #3 above I have written a second-opinion review of  The Due Return, S.Fe's Summer Rave Installation: Lost in Space-Time -- A D-Ticket Ride. I'll never work in this town again.

In trade I have met a few [emphasis added] new and lovely friends, gained a food-snob rabbit companion, and become a volunteer fire-fighter. In the summer when the wind is not howling it sometimes seems worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment