Wednesday, September 17, 2014

impending autumnal anxiety

Last Sunday morning I dreamed that my friend Jen and I had a baby. It was gestated in a water cooler like thing:

When the time came I somehow knew that I needed to disconnect the black vacuum cleaner hose that lead down to a drain in the floor:
And out spewed a damp lump of cloth and flesh. Yup...fully clothed, something like a well used doll that one would find in the Goodwill reject bin.

Like any good new Father I sorta paniced. I grabbed the baby and turned it over. She -- one of those things you just know in dreamland -- started breathing frantically, her stomach distending and reddening with each gasp.

I rushed into Jen's office -- apparently Jen worked though the entire pregnancy and birth -- thrust the child into her arms and told her she needed to feed the baby. She was unimpressed.

I only add this to my permanent record because Jen insisted that I keep track of our relationship's ups and downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment