Saturday, February 8, 2014

walkabout day 24

I spent the afternoon talking shop and (work)shops with MichaelS(two) and his SO Judy on Treasure Island. He has managed to reinvent himself as an itinerant technology professor and some-time kinetic artist. So such things are possible.

I really wanted to see the new Bay Bridge eastern span on my way to/from Treasure Island but it was so foggy and rainy that I only caught an occasional glimpse between white knuckled lane changes. It's all just the way I remember it.

Then I visited another of my long lost loves:
Orchard Supply Hardware -- one of three nut aisles
And as proof of concept I bought one package of each of the options that I continually complain about not being able to find, anywhere, in S.Fe:
#2-56 machine screws, with nuts, in three length selections
Then some more oysters at the Rude, a detour to Ken and Debbie's new house, and back "home" to hopefully sleep it all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment