Thursday, February 20, 2014

walkabout day 35

Just another day in national park paradise.

I took a tourist-tour of the Valley. Here's a few typical vistas...

(photos when the internet clears it's obstructions):
photographers
a more cuter photographer
and yet more photographers, re-entering my tour bus

me, older, there, waiting to re-enter my tour bus, in the distance
I should note that our tour guide was also, wait for it, a poet/artist/photographer, who mentioned his website at the beginning of our drive-about...

Then I had dinner at the Ahwahnee Hotel which "shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA® Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade, and architecture..." Which it in fact is/does, although the food and service is approximately pedestrian for it's stature the setting closes the negotiations on an up note.
(more photos when the internet clears whatever it is doing this time)
sunset at the Awahanee Hotel
Then "home" to my more pedestrian Yosemite Lodge, to sleep it off until I drive to Mojave tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment