Monday, January 20, 2014

walkabout day 0

This input system sucks. Maybe I should try voice?

In any case I dropped ABK off at ABQ and header further south. On the way down I-25 there is a nice hunting-lodge type rest stop near TorC:


And after a lovely drive through the burn scar of last summer's Silver Fire near Kingston, NM in the Gila National Forest on Hwy 152 I came upon this major EarthWork outside Silver City:
There are a couple more in the area, including the Big Pit along I-10 somewhere near Deming, NM. I'm surprised they didn't make it into that nice Art & Place book that was the Xmas rage last year.

For my first night on the road in Silver City I got bounced to a different dive motel which has no desk clerk, ice machine, nor wifi. Not auspicious since "4G" seems to work at old modem rates and just hangs up when uploading images. At least this point and click for each letter typing distracts me from having any actual thoughts beyond 140 characters.

Based on international reviews I went to The Curious Kumquat for dinner. It was curious. But pretty good nonetheless. Not quite so fiddly as your usual foraged in the wild high concept foamy cuisine.


No comments:

Post a Comment