Monday, January 27, 2014

walkabout day 12

Some more maid-avoidance-walking-around-behavior. And then some nearly serious work on Walker. This proved to be perspicacious because this evening I attended the junior come-on attraction for the local Maker Space in the basement of the downtown library. My little walking guy was a bit of a darling. Or at least a good introduction. These guys seem to be serious in that they have three milling machines -- small, medium, and large -- a (large) lathe (to be traded for one of more manageable size), a buncha welding equipment, and a small blacksmith's forge. Plus the usual 3d printers and suchlike. I'm going to visit the grown-ups' space out by UCSB on Thurs before I blow out of town.

On the morning walk I ran across a lovely Nordic maiden riding Grendel's dragon:

The meeting was enlivened when a much younger young woman and her slightly older young mother arrived for a gleeful ride as I was taking a walk-breather-sitdown outside.

After the Maker Meeting I went to Bouchon for a really swell Frenchish dinner that had not a wit of raw fish, although medium-rare salmon with mustard sauce almost slipped under the wire. Especially accompanied by delicious (Los Olivous, CA) Demetria SavBlanc.

Then, on my walk back 'home', I found this inexplicable department store display window:


No comments:

Post a Comment