Monday, January 20, 2014

walkabout day-1

I ment to post this tuesday 1/14 but I had to run from mechanic to dentist to pharmacy to fire department and well... stuff happened. So. Anyway. Here I am with a friend on St. Mikes in pre-transit:


I would like to point out the extent of the full integration of my computing systems here... this photo was taking on my Android tablet (basically a funnel into Google products). I could not upload it to my Blogger site (basically another funnel into Google product placements). The Tablet just hung there saying ....uploading... without doing any apparent thing. I tried a number of times with different cloud connection options. Also the keypad on the tablet defaulted to the 2nd stupidest (the 12 key phone pad is the stupidest) mechanism for inputting text, but only on the Blogger page, making typing just about as painful as it could be.

I copied the pics to my notebook and am I'm posting from there, connected with (to quote the motel clerk "spotty") wifi service in Los Angeles on day5. So in general. My big idea about moving into the 21st century with mobile cloud services supporting my blogging throughout this trip is not likely to happen. I should mention that the Maps app (another Google product) just hangs up on the tablet whenever it goes to sleep after not receiving enough attention while driving, so using it as an actual map is entirely pointless if you have a short-term memory span like mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment