Friday, January 24, 2014

walkabout day 9

I been Leaving Los Angeles.

Took the PCH (as the west coast route #1, Pacific Coast Highway, is known colloquially) through Malibu to Oxnard (what IS a nard anyway?) and got off at my Main Ventura stop. Where I found:

Dennis Oppenheim, Bus Home, 2002
Then I tried to go to the UCSB Art Museum which was closed for installation, and finally was able to check into my B&B near the downtown beach. Hopefully over the week holed up here I will recover from having Google Maps repeated crash on my (GDM) Google tablet. It did work long enough to direct me to the right freeway exit and added an invaluable left-right turn. Otherwise it is a POS that doesn't even know about the hipster hotel and bar just blocks away.

Speaking of hipster. It's short, 1-5 day, beards here. Porkpie hats are optional -- only 50% of the bartenders wear them. California Minimalismo.

Also this is the second online reservation that has directed me to a handicap room, so I have plenty of room to maneuver.

No comments:

Post a Comment